I talk with clients all the time about making sure they are collecting client and prospective client’s data. When I follow up to see how it is going the clients that actually take the time to get the data does nothing with it. They simply say they do not have time or know how to use the information to continue to engage the client, fan or follower. When I suggest setting up an email system I get the “I do not want to spam anyone” response; followed immediately by “that is a lot of work and I just do not have the time”. However, if you set up a system you are consistently and directly encouraging clients, fan and followers to come to your website and engage with your brand. So, it seems like a ton of work, but it’s not.
To begin I recommend using MailChimp and here is why:
- It’s free if you have fewer than 2,000 subscribers and send less than 12,000 emails per month.
- It’s extremely user-friendly and easy-to-use with pre-made templates.
- You can get open rates, click through rates, and more.
- I started my blog using MailChimp and love it.
Before you can send an email, you need a list of people to send it to.
- Export all your CRM data into an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Do not forget to Export your LinkedIn Connections.
- Gather up all those business cards that you got at networking events.
- Once you have all the information in one Excel Spreadsheet you can upload the list into your MailChimp account.
Create and Name Your Campaign
- You will want to name your campaign so you can identify it later.
- You will also need to develop your email subject.
- Create a Template
- Start with MailChimp’s basic templates.
- Choose one you like and make changes that support your brand.
- Save it so that you can access it for future emails.
Start Writing Copy
- Words are not just filler- each one counts- so you better make them good.
- Your goal is to create a relationship with your clients, so make sure you’re providing helpful information.
- Make sure to include a box with a link to your website, your company email and social media links.
- Focus on the client needs, not on you.
- Your email should include only the basic information.
- Preview Your Email
- Send it to yourself and read through several times.
- Check to make sure all the links work and that everything is up-to-date.
Assess the Results
- Check to see how many clicks and opens it received, as well as which links got clicked.
- Do your best to use this information to your benefit.
- Once you have several emails under your belt, you’ll have more information to use to target your strategy.
Get More Subscribers
- Post an email signup form on your website
- Encourage your social media followers to sign up for information.
Finally, remember that you are sending emails to people who have made a connection with so treat them with great respect. Thank those who took the time to send you a comment and answer any questions. Remember the emails are sent to encourage engagement so engage.
Need some help getting started
Email:Donna@DonnaReade.com or Call/Text 904 463 8620
Click for more information: www.donnareade.com/using-mailchimp/