How many times have you either told someone or someone told you, “I really just need to find myself.” We all have questioned if we’re on the right path or wondered if there’s something more out there for us at some point.
We are multi-layered.
However, in attempting to find ourselves or discover our passions, we sometimes forget about or lose an important piece of who we are.There’s a layer our parents help shape over the years, a layer our friends shape, our bosses, our significant others and so on. When people go out there to “find themselves,” they strip away those layers, desperate to find something, anything, in hopes of discovering who they are. However, once they peel back all those layers, they are left with…NOTHING.
Instead of trying to “find yourself,” change your thinking.
We are all built by our experiences and by the people who surround us in our lives. Those layers are building blocks, laying a foundation to help us find our way.Embrace all of your layers, even the messy and confusing ones. Those imperfections are what make you who you are. They shape your future and help you discover your path.
You need to take responsibility.
It is my belief that it is not luck, it is not circumstances, it is not being in the right place at the right time; it is the sum of the experiences we have had and the people we have chosen to allow into our lives. You are responsible for the life you create, you can dream, imaging, plan and take action.
I would like to share some of the steps that I used help change my thinking:
- List obstacles that are holding you back then burn that list and take full responsibility for the life your are living.
- Identify and focus in on your desire for personal growth.
- Spend time with people who are already performing at the level which you want to perform.
- Control what you let into your eyes and ears. You are not forced to have the TV on or the radio on in your car. You are not forced to be around negative complaining whining people.
- Spend 30 minutes a day reading or listening to clean, pure, positive inspirational input. The resources are limitless , TED talks, Podcasts, etc.,
- Write down what you want your life to look like 3 years from today.
- Dream, Plan, Act and expect the life you want to come into view.
If you have clear focused desire for self improvement nothing can stop you. Keep n mind that your journey is not a perfectly straight line from point A to point B. It’s long and winding, full of unexpected twists and turns. That’s what makes it completely beautiful and unique to you and you only.