“The greatest act of courage is to be and own all that you are. Without apology. Without excuses and without any masks to cover the truth of who you really are.”- Unknown
In a time of business, chaos and for some, troubled waters at home and at work, authentic living is, I think, all we have to fall back on. Living according to your Core Self is the best reminder of authentically.
Here are some Habits of Highly Authentic People:
- They are not afraid to express their opinions even though those opinions might be different than the opinions of the majority.
- They never apply advice given without firstly consulting the guide within.They are driven to action by the inner-motor rather than external triggers.
- They are proud of their unique traits that make them stand out from the crowd.
- They have unique daily rituals, like making coffee in a special way or meditation in candlelight before going to bed.
- They allow friends and people they meet to show their true selves.
- They search in conversations for depth, and not for gossip or emotional news.
- They are perfectly happy in their own company and they are great friends with their own selves.
- They value experiences over things.
- They make the most out of the situations highly authentic people find themselves in, be the situation bad or good.
- They do not judge others because highly authentic people look beyond the external facade of words and appearances.
- They talk less because they conserve energy for wording things that matter.
- They listen closely because they are fascinated with exploring the depths of other beings.
- They do not complain as they take full responsibility of their lives.
- They have high self-esteem and appear confident because they have nothing to hide.
- They do not get upset when someone obviously dislikes them, highly authentic people allow others to form whatever opinions they wish to have.
- They see beauty and perfection in things that other people dismiss.
- They try to support others and sincerely wish for people to grow and reveal their unlimited selves.
- They let go of critical and ill-wishing people and highly authentic people do not hold any bad feelings towards them.They see the unity and interconnections of all life, and hear the harmonious symphony of the world in all life’s situations.
In short highly authentic people live in the present, are free from fear, non judgmental, genuinely appreciate themselves, hunger for the truth and most importantly sleep well at night.